PLEASE make sure details entered are current and correct to avoid frustration and errors with your entry into the Cycle Challenge. Compulsory fields are indicated with a *
PLEASE make sure details entered are current and correct to avoid frustration and errors with your entry into the Cycle Challenge.
Info regarding your cycling
Please answer the questions below.
Please note that this does not determine your seeding (start group).
Please ensure that you select the correct category for the purpose of seeding.
Please select your shirt size
Terms and Conditions
Please ensure that you have read and acknowledged the Terms & Conditions for entering this event.
Terms and Conditions *
1. No participant may compete without wearing a cycling helmet. Only commercially produced helmets, meeting ANSI Z90/4 or Snell standards, may be worn. Gloves are recommended.
2. Participants must be older than the age of 12 years on the day of the Cycle Challenge. Special dispensation may be applied for in writing to the Race Office for younger entrants.
3. Participants must obey the instructions of the traffic officers and marshals and comply strictly with the rules of the road, save where authorised by traffic officers and marshals. In particular, participants are warned to keep to the left of the road and to remain on the sections of the road demarcated for them. Participants may be required to stop at certain intersections.
4. Only conventional bicycles and conventional tandems may be ridden. BMX bicycles and tandems with disc or covered wheels are deemed to be conventional. Bicycles and tandems with fairing or attachments to improve airflow, recumbent, extended bicycles, tricycles, machines known as human powered vehicles (HPVs) and other similar machines are deemed to be unconventional and are not permitted to enter without the express permission of the organisers. Please apply for special dispensation in writing to the Race Office.
4.1. Bicycles, tandems and other machines fitted with unconventional handlebars including triathlon-bars, aerobars, clip-ons, prayer-bars, turned-up-bars and cow-bars are not permitted in any category. ATB bar-ends are permitted on Mountain Bikes.
4.2. Any participant who is in any doubt about whether his bicycle, tandem or machine is suitable to be ridden in the event and, if so, in which category, is advised to contact the organisers well beforehand.
5. RaceTec, previously Winning Time, is the official timing company to the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014. Any participant that wishes to receive an official time must wear their personal RaceTec Chip. All licensed racing groups competing for prize money MUST wear a RaceTec Chip to be eligible for a result and prize money. Any participant that does not wear a RaceTec Chip you will not receive a result. No protest will be entertained in this regard. RaceTec Chips can be purchased directly from RaceTec on 086 184 6464 or firstname.lastname@example.org or online during the entry process.
6. Only cyclists with a valid Cycling South Africa (CSA) license and the required seeding index will be permitted to start in the Elite, U23, Junior, Juvenile (U16), and Veterans categories for both ladies and men. Restricted gears apply for Juniors and Juveniles, as per CSA rules.
6.1 All licensed racing groups competing for prize money MUST wear a RaceTec Chip to be eligible for a result and prize money. If any member of the racing group does not wear a RaceTec Chip, the result will not be released. No protest will be entertained in this regard. The size of all these groups will be limited to the top 200 qualifiers based on their RaceTec results as per CSA rulings.
6.2 Licenses must be available for view at registration and on race day. No day licenses will be issued at registration. The Cycle Challenge Organising Committee are not responsible for the collection and return of licenses.
6.3 All licensed riders are to abide by Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge (Cycle Challenge) and CSA rules and regulations.
6.4 The first open groups A, B and C are MALE ONLY. These start groups fall under the racing male categories. Racing women have their own dedicated categories. Any women found starting in these groups WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Please refer to the list of start groups on the website.
7. Seeding is the process that puts cyclists of similar ability into the same starting group. It is done to ensure a safe event and to place cyclists with others against whom they can compete enjoyably and safely. Cyclists who believe they have been incorrectly seeded may apply for re-seeding. Re-seeding may be done at the sole discretion of the organisers who will require proof of ability in the form of results. A re-seeding fee is payable if results used are not from the qualifying events. A cyclist may not start in a group with a better seeding, but may move down to a slower group without being penalised. Cyclists starting ahead of their official start group will be disqualified. No protest will be entertained in this regard.
7.1 Seeding, start groups and start times will be emailed and/or sms’d to participants and will be available from mid October 2014 on www.cyclechallenge.co.za
7.2 The Organising Committee will use events timed by RaceTec which are 90km’s or more. Other RaceTec timed events may be considered on a merit basis, but are not considered standard seeding events, and as always if entrants can provide the Organising Committee with legitimate grounds for reseeding, the Organising Committee will consider these.
7.3 Only the top Cycling South Africa licensed cyclists will be allowed to start in the Juvenile (U16), Junior, U23, Elite and Veteran categories for both men and women.
7.4 The Veteran categories are further subdivided into the following Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) categories: 30-34 and 35-39, 40-44, 45- 49, 50-54, 55-59 and 60+. The sizes of these groups will be limited to the best seeded cyclists per group based on their individually determined seeding index.
7.5 The U16 and Junior categories will adhere to the requirements or criteria necessary to participate in that category including restricted gears.
8. No participant MAY sell their number, or allow anyone else to ride under that number. Should a participant be in breach of this, she/he will be immediately disqualified and banned from participating in the Cycle Challenge for 5 years. No protest will be entertained in this regard. A participant may organise a substitution with the Race Office which can be done for a fee of R150.00. The original entry fee will not be refunded. The person who is being substituted will have their number removed from the database and a new number will be allocated. Seeding will be according to the new participant’s individual seeding index.
9. The entry fee is R350.00. ENTRY FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE. If the Race Office has received a participant’s entry but payment remains outstanding at the close of entries, the entry will be considered a late entry and will therefore incur a penalty of R100.00. An entry is not considered valid until payment has been received. No protest will be entertained in this regard.
10. The Organising Committee may, at their discretion, decline an entry from anyone who is under suspension or has been banned by any sports controlling body for having used illegal drugs or any other substances; or refuse to allow anyone to participate in the race where good grounds exist for such a refusal.
11. Participants must complete the course in 6 hours or less in order to qualify as a finisher and receive a medal. Participants who fail to reach the cut-off point in a specified time will be withdrawn and will not be permitted to continue. Cut-off times will be published in the race pack and will be strictly adhered to. Support services will similarly be withdrawn for that section of the route and the route will be opened to normal traffic. No protest will be entertained in this regard.
12. In a Charity team there is a minimum of 20 entrants per Charity bond. Each participant with a seeding index will be allocated their start time, and all unseeded members will be seeded in the same Charity start group. Seeded cyclists must drop down to their Charities start time if they wish to ride together. No requests to seed unseeded cyclists earlier will be entertained.
13. Participants must complete the course entirely under their own power and slipstreaming any vehicle or motorbike is prohibited.
14. No participant may cause or allow any motorised or human powered machine, other than that of another participant, to follow or second him/her.
15. Only the official licensed racing categories will be allowed support vehicles on route. Support vehicles must be accredited by the organisers and CSA. Non-accredited vehicles will be removed from the route. Support vehicles MUST drive with the safety of all cyclists, marshals and route support vehicles as a priority. Failure to do so will result in the racing team they are supporting being disqualified. All support teams must be in possession of a valid CSA manager’s license.
16. The routes will be as supplied and participants must familiarise themselves with the route they are riding. The Organising Committee reserve the right to alter the routes in accordance with safety, traffic, construction or other constraints. No protest relating to deviation will be entertained.
17. There are five jerseys and points which are awarded by the Cycle Challenge, as follows:
Yellow Jersey: shortest time (i.e. winner of the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge)
Green Jersey: overall winner of both hotspots (points)
Polka Dot Jersey: overall winner of both Kings of the Mountain (points)
White Jersey: best placed young rider (U23)
Red Jersey: most amount raised for charity.
17.1 When a rider enters the Cycle Challenge, he/she agrees to be part of the jersey competition.
17.2 All jersey winners are obliged to wear the jersey on the stage at prize giving for a photo opportunity. If a winner does not agree to wear the jersey on the stage at prize giving for a photo opportunity, she/he will forfeit the prize money.
17.3 Jersey winners are obliged to race the following year in the awarded jersey. Should the rider not agree to this, their entry will be disqualified for that year.
17.4 The rider’s sponsor’s logo will appear in the block on the front and rear of the jersey.
18. Failure to comply with any of the foregoing rules may result in disqualification. A protest committee will adjudicate any dispute, including one regarding the interpretation of these rules, and its ruling shall be final and binding. Protests must be submitted in writing within 2 hours of the finishing time to which the protest applies and be accompanied by a deposit of R150. The deposit will be refunded if the protest is upheld.
19.Waiver: Participants take part entirely at their own risk and agree that they shall have no claim whatsoever against the Organising Committee, any individual or official, marshal, assistant, helper or agent, the sponsors or any local authority or their employees, in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever which participants may suffer arising from any injury to their person or loss or damage to their property as a result of, or arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, the participants' arrival and departure there from, attendance at registration, prize-giving or other function thereof, any loss or damage to bicycles or other equipment, however such loss or damage may arise regardless of whether or not the same shall have been caused directly or indirectly by the negligence, albeit gross, of one or more of all the aforementioned parties. Persons signing this entry form as guardian of a minor hereby consent to such minor being bound by the a foregoing and further indemnify the organisers and aforementioned parties to the extent, of any, to which such minor is not capable of waiving his/her rights as stipulated above. Persons taking part in the Cycle Challenge as part of a team and whose entries were made on their behalf are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by virtue of their participation in the Cycle Challenge.
20. Indemnity: The participant agrees to abide by the rules of the Cycle Challenge, and confirms that she/he has read them, and understands that she/he takes part in the Cycle Challenge at his/her own risk and indemnifies the sponsors and/or organisers against any claim which may result from his/her participation. The participant further understands that it is his/her responsibility to be medically fit to take part in the Cycle Challenge. This indemnity applies equally to teams entering under the rules and conditions of entry. In entering the Cycle Challenge, the participant understands that the Organising Committee will take photographs of the event including participants to the event and she/he consents to such photographs being taken at the event and being used for promotional and publicity purposes at the Organising Committee’s sole discretion. The participant further understands and accepts that the photographs are and will remain the property of the sponsors and/or organisers.
Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge - Waiver *
Participants take part entirely at their own rist and agree that they shall have no claim whatsoever against Primedia (Pty) Ltd , any individual or official marshal, assistant, helper or agent, the sponsors or any local authority or their employees, in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever directly or indirectly, the participants’ arrival and departure there from, attendance at registration , prize-giving or other function thereof, any loss or damage to bicycles or other equipment, however such loss or damage may arise regardless of whether or not the same shall have been caused directly or indirectly by the negligence, albeit groos, of one or more of all the aforementioned parties, Persons signing this entry form as guardian or a minor hereby consent to such minor being bound by te foregoing and further indemnify the organiser and afroregoing parties to the extent, of any, to which such minor is not capable of waiving his/her rights as stipulated above.
I agree to abide by the rules of the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge, and confirm that I have read them , and understand that I take part in the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge at my own risk and indemnify the sponsors and organisers against any claim which may result from my participation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to be medically fit to cycle, The above indemnity applies equally to teams entering under the rules and conditions of entry. In entering the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge, I understand that Primedia will take photographs of the event including participants to the Event and I consent to such photographs being taken at the event and understand that such photographs shall be the property of Primeida and may be used for promotional and publicity purposes at the sole discretion of Primedia.
By clicking on the I ACCEPT button below you agreed to the Conditions of Entry and Rules and Regulations and accept the Waiver and Indemnity above, even if I have not read them.
Thank you for your entry into the BCF Charity Bond for the 94.7 Momentum Cycle Challenge!
The BCF team decided to do the fundraising differently this year. Instead of using the traditional sponsor per kilometer method, participants pay a set fee of R 3000 which includes:
1.The Entry fee
2. A Racing Tech Chip
3. Admin fee for the registration of participants
4. The BCF Cycling shirt
5. A donation towards BCF
As soon as your proof of payment is sent, we can add you as a team member of the Charity Bond.
Brain Child Fund partnered with BEAM Africa Network, a registered Non-profit Public Benefit Organisation that will administer the funds raised at this event.
BEAM Africa Network
P.O Box 71423, The Willows, 0041
Plot 369, Kameeldrift East, Pretoria
Cell: 082 820 1917, Email: email@example.com,
Association incorporated under Section 21.
Registration No: 98/ 08057/08
Nonprofit Organisation. Registration No: 050-436-NPO
Public Benefit Organisation. Registration No: 930018032
BEAM Africa Network, Bank: ABSA, Account nr: 4061691666, Branch code: 632005
Please that you email proof of payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Very important: The reference must be very specifically: BCF + 94.7 + your name and surname